An Unparalleled Retreat Rejuvenating Both Mind and BodyJoin us at the exclusive Logis du Paradis, nestled within the breathtaking Cognac region of France, for a very special mná retreat aimed at rejuvenating both body and mind. Led by Martin Towey, a qualified mindfulness teacher, this retreat introduces participants to various practices that help cultivate awareness, kindness, and compassion towards oneself and one's experiences. The backdrop of the magnificent French countryside and the gathering of mná from across France and beyond adds to the allure, promising a very unique experience together.
About the RetreatThis tailored Mná Mindfulness Retreat offers a unique blend of relaxation, meditation, and opportunity for connection. Relax into daily mindfulness sessions with Martin, designed to nurture your mental wellbeing and guide you in developing a mindful approach to your daily life. Interspersed with the mindful practice will be "time out" to rest and relax by yourself and enjoy the warmth and friendship of others...
About Your TeacherMartin Towey, a diploma-trained teacher in mindfulness-based interventions, is your guide for this retreat. Having personally witnessed the transformative effects of meditation, Martin dedicated himself to teaching others the skills of mindfulness. His experience spans across a variety of courses and workshops, his teachings underscored by an adherence to the Good Practice Guidelines set by the Mindfulness Teachers Association of Ireland.
About Your HostsOlive and Charlie will be your hosts for the week, ensuring a seamless and unforgettable experience from start to finish. Having made the move from Ireland to France some years back, they fell in love with the Charente region and have dedicated themselves to creating retreats that combine quality instruction and authentic French experiences, from the delicious local food and wine to visits to unique local attractions.
About the VenueThe luxurious Logis du Paradis will be your home for the retreat. This 18th-century complex, featuring a former Cognac distillery, is built around a classic Charentais courtyard. Surrounded by the vineyards of the Grande Champagne Cognac region, the beautifully renovated cottages offer comfort and tranquility, while the grounds and countryside provide ample opportunity for relaxation or exploration.
Day 1: Arrival and Welcome
- Welcomed at Angoulême train station at 12.30pm, you will be transported to the luxurious Logis du Paradis.
- Settle in over a delightful lunch from 1.30 – 2.30 pm
- The afternoon session will ease you into the weekend programme with an opening mindfulness session.
- From 5.00 – 6.30 pm take time out, relax and enjoy your beautiful surroundings.
- Enjoy a first taste of local French cuisine with a welcome dinner at 7.00 pm.
Day 2: Connect with Nature and Mindful Practice
- Start your day at 7.30 am with some mindful movement based on hatha yoga.
- A nourishing breakfast will be served at 8.30 am.
- Ease into the morning mindfulness experience with a body scan.
- Enjoy a fresh nourishing lunch from 1 pm to 2 pm.
- Return to relaxation with a mindfulness session connecting with the surrounding nature.
- Savour more free time before apero and dinner served from 6.30 pm.
- Unwind and prepare for rest with a ‘Sleep Well’ relaxation session – with candles and music, optional, from 9.00 pm.
Day 3: More Mindful Practice and Farewell
- Begin your final day with an early morning yoga session at 7.30 am.
- Breakfast will be served at 8.30 am.
- Ease and enjoy more more mindful practice honing skills you can take home and continue to use.
- A leisurely lunch will be served from 12.30 – 1.30 pm
- The afternoon will offer a closing mindfulness session to round off the weekend and prepare for departure.
- We will leave Logis du Paradis at 4pm and return you to Angoulême train station from where you will depart for home.